These Are Dangerous to English Bulldogs

If you own an English Bulldog, you definitely want nothing but the best for your pet. It is your responsibility as dog owner to provide the things essential for your dog’s growth and happiness. And in order to ensure your dog’s growth and happiness, it is important that you take extra step to know and avoid the things that can pose danger to your dog.

Warm Climates.

Just like any dog breed with a brachycephalic skull, English Bulldogs are sensitive to extreme weather climates. They do best in temperate climates but are susceptible to heat stroke when in warm climates or hot areas. Going to places with warm temperature should be avoided and great care should be given to this breed during warm periods.

Chocolate.

People love chocolates! Definitely dogs love chocolates too! But no matter how delectable this stuff seems, never ever give in to temptation. Chocolate contains a chemical called obromine which is quite toxic to dogs. It normally takes a somewhat large amount of chocolate to kill a dog but in some cases, ingesting smaller amounts can poison and kill your beloved pet. If your dog has been poisoned by chocolate, he will start to show signs such as vomiting, diarrhea, frequent urination and increased activity.

Medications.

Medications, be it prescription or over-the-counter should be kept out of your pet’s reach. Remember that painkillers, antidepressants, vitamins and diet pills can poison animals, despite in small doses.

Household Cleaners.

Bleach, fabric softener, laundry and dish washing detergent, furniture polish, disinfectants as well as mothballs and potpourri oils are dangerous to dogs. These products contain ingredients that may cause central nervous system excitement and seizures and can later lead to liver failure. Signs that your dog has been poisoned include abdominal pain, vomiting and drooling.

Watch Batteries.

If ingested, a watch battery can cause fatal ulceration in the stomach within 12 hours after ingestion. In addition, other alkaline batteries are dangerous to dogs too. A dog that has been poisoned shows signs such as drooling, lack of appetite, vomiting and lethargy.

Household Plants.

No matter how dear you are to your plants, it is always important to check if it is poisonous to your dog. Some of the toxic plants include poinsettias, tulip bulbs, daffodils, azaleas, lilies, ferns, aloe and ivy. Symptoms of poisoning include vomiting and central nervous excitement.

If you suspect that your dog has been poisoned, seek veterinary care immediately.

If you do not want to risk the health and life of your English Bulldog, do your part as a responsible owner. Puppy-proof your house before taking Fido home.

Richard Cussons is a lover of dogs. He can share a lot of information about English Bulldog as well as tips effective in English Bulldog training.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Richard_Cussons
http://EzineArticles.com/?These-Are-Dangerous-to-English-Bulldogs&id=2083838

Tags:

Tags:

Comments are closed.